Barcelona to submit final Coutinho bid

Ross Houston
August 23, 2017

Three bids for the Brazil worldwide have been knocked back by the Reds, with the Catalans' interest said to have curtailed, yet the saga is braced for another twist.

"Coutinho expects Barcelona to offer £128.8 million but they cant afford him, [Ousmane] Dembele, [Angel] di Maria and [Jean Michael] Seri".

And they are ready with a fourth offer of £100m up front with add-ons of £36m - despite telling Liverpool they had made their final bid last week.

Daniel Sturridge
Daniel Sturridge could be on Liverpool’s bench tonight

Liverpool have maintained all summer that Coutinho will not be sold despite the 25-year-old submitting a transfer request earlier this month in a bid to force through a move to the Nou Camp.

A source from Spain quoted in the report said "Philippe has never been more determined to leave Liverpool".

Subsequently, Liverpool fans will gave to wait until after the worldwide break to potentially see Coutinho again after his back injury, is now paired with a virus that has prevented him from training all week, but has fuelled rumours that he is set to leave the club.


"Why, ' you ask, "if everything is okay between me and him?' That was the question, right?"

Coutinho is yet to feature this term due to a back injury picked up in pre-season and will once again be unavailable when the Reds face Hoffenheim in the second leg of their Champions League qualifier at Anfield. "And I answered with 'Of course".

Football INDEX Watch - Philippe Coutinho - £3.44...looks a good option at his current price for sure. [I have] no idea in this moment.


He also placed an emphasis on winning away in Germany, and said: 'To go to their home in Germany, where I believe they have an incredible record in recent years, and get a win was massive.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER