Three men arrested by anti-terror police following armed raids

Carla Harmon
June 9, 2017

One of the businesses to re-open was Leon.

With that, 17 people have now been arrested in connection with the attack on Saturday that killed eight people and wounded several. "He was stabbed in the neck with a knife".

"Some of the people who were here on Saturday night are still a bit fragile", said Leon chief executive John Vincent.

With less than 24 hours before polls opened, May attempted to seize back the initiative by suggesting she would change laws to fight the terrorist threat facing Britain.

With formal identification of the victims still ongoing, the sisters of the missing Spanish banker Ignacio Echeverría confirmed on Wednesday he was among those killed. Italian officials said suspicions about him were shared with British authorities and his name was listed in the Europe-wide intelligence-sharing system.

"As a family we are shocked and appalled by the actions of Khuram and his associates", his family said in a statement on Wednesday.


Police then quickly arrive on the scene in Borough Market and shoot the three dead.

One officer falls over one of the attackers.

In a statement, he thanked members of the public for their support.

Charisse O'Leary said she has "shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrific incident".

He added: "On behalf of the United States, I want to offer heartfelt condolences and prayers and similar thoughts go out to the family of the man killed in Melbourne". His name had also been flagged in 2015 by F.B.I. informant Jesse Morton who told authorities he had met Butt in an extremist internet chatroom used by Anjem Choudary, one of Europe's most prolific hate preachers who was jailed past year for his support of the Islamic State group, according to a British government official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the ongoing attack investigation.

Spaniard Ignacio Echeverria and Frenchmen Alexandre Pigeard and Sebastien Belanger embodied the experience of countless Europeans who jump from one city to another following jobs and opportunities.


A British Transport Police Officer who was injured in the London Bridge attack has said he is sorry he couldn't do more.

The footage believed to be from a surveillance camera emerged on social media.

Thomas was walking with his girlfriend Christine Delcros across the bridge on Saturday night while visiting London on holiday. In total 29 people are being treated at five London hospitals. The trio disappear from view as a passerby appears to stumble away from the pub. Meanwhile, Scotland Yard released the identity of the third terrorist: Youssef Zaghba, a young man of joint Moroccan and Italian heritage.

The first man, 27, was detained on suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts, while the second, 33, was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply controlled drugs.

On Tuesday night, a man's body was recovered from the Thames River, which runs under London Bridge, Metropolitan Police said.

France said earlier on Wednesday that two of its citizens had died when three men drove a van into pedestrians on the bridge before going on a stabbing spree in the nearby Borough Market.


Fresh arrests have been made in the investigation into the London Bridge attack, including two men who were held in a swoop by armed officers.

Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER