London police arrest 6 as attack footage is released

Carla Harmon
June 9, 2017

Along with Rachid Redouane, 30, the men died in a hail of police gunfire after spending eight minutes laying waste to the nightlife of south London.

Police have identified an off-duty officer who was injured during the London Bridge attack as Charlie Guenigault, who is in hospital in stable condition.

"We are paying a heavy cost in these attacks", Macron said.

The Saturday attack was claimed by ISIS and follows the May 22 suicide bombing at the Manchester Arena by Salman Abedi that killed 22 people. Nearly 50 were wounded.

The video emerged as families of the London Bridge attackers expressed disgust over the massacre and distanced themselves from the extremists, saying the atrocity left them shocked.


Xavier Thomas, 45, is thought to have been struck by the terrorists' van on London Bridge and thrown into the water below, the UK's Metro reported.

Ms Delcros is said to have been seriously injured.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Detectives investigating the London Bridge terror attack have made three more arrests and carried out two more search warrants in east London late on Wednesday June 7".

The third man arrested, at the residential address in Ilford - aged 29 - was also arrested suspicion of the preparation of terrorist acts. "We continue to work with the United Kingdom authorities who have asked that we await official confirmation of the identities of the victims, and for the families to be officially notified, before we release their names".

Four of the seven people confirmed dead in the attack have so far been identified, with French waiter Alexandre Pigeard, 27, the latest to be named.


Saturday's attack was the third such deadly incident in England in just three months.

At least two of the men were known to British intelligence and law-enforcement officials, raising questions about whether anything could have been done to prevent the assault.

Police searching for a French man who has been missing since the London Bridge attack say they have recovered a body from the River Thames.

Zaghba was stopped at Bologna's airport trying to fly to Turkey in March past year over concerns he was intending to travel on to Syria, according to reports. Italian authorities alerted their British counterparts after he bought a one-way ticket to Turkey.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER