Victor Cruz says Giants sabotaged his season, immediately retracts comments

Ross Houston
May 25, 2017

One of the names that has regularly circulated around has been former New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz. In an appearance earlier this week on Power 105.1, a local New York City radio station, Cruz said that he believes the Giants intentionally phased him out of the offense last season.

"If I played well, they owed me a ton of money that next year, so it was like 'Let's get Cruz off the books'".

When a host said that could explain the Giants not throwing the ball to him, Cruz responded in the affirmative, saying, "I'm glad you see it". "They don't want me here anymore.' A lot of people probably don't know this.Let's say I played well - was a 1,000-yard receiver past year - it would have been more hard from a fan perspective to cut me". Let's say I played well.


"The Giants will forever be family", Cruz said. He starred on their Super Bowl XLVI-winning team in 2011 and had 303 catches, 4,549 receiving yards and 25 touchdowns during his time with the Giants. But he caught another touchdown and put up only 161 yards in the last six games of the year.

Around 1:30 PM on Thursday, Cruz confirmed the move on Instagram.

Former Giants receiver Victor Cruz will be brining the salsa to Chicago. Was a 1,000-yard receiver a year ago.


Cruz went on to say that he has heard of other teams doing the same with players so they can't get bonuses, though he didn't offer any proof. That along with a calf injury caused him to miss the entire 2015 season. His 2012 season was also an excellent one gaining 1092 yards with 10 TDs.

Cruz turns 31-years old this November and his best days are probably behind him. Which I don't even know or think happens.

"It hurt, to be real. Seven years", Cruz said. "It definitely hurt. but every run has to stop at some point".


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER