Prince Andrew accuser gives first United Kingdom interview

Carla Harmon
December 2, 2019

The Duke of York has rejected her claims.

BBC Panorama is due to broadcast an hour-long programme which features an interview with Virginia Giuffre on Monday, 2 December.

Earlier this month, Prince Andrew chose to withdraw from royal duties following his Newsnight interview featuring heavily around the Jefferey Epstein scandal.

Virginia Roberts (now Virginia Giuffre), 36, who claims Prince Andrew had sex with her three times when she was 17, is anticipating another interview to reveal more details about her time with him. Breitbart News reported that the son of Queen Elizabeth II flew on Epstein's private plane on at least two occasions with Virginia Roberts, then 17-years-old. "And there's only one of us telling the truth", she added.

"Prince Andrew is now out of the picture".


Royal commentator Brittani Barger says Charles' plans will have been strengthened by his younger brother Prince Andrew's removal from royal duties after allegations he participated in a sex trafficking network run by now-deceased convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Prince Charles (right) stands with Her Majesty, Prince Andrew (left) and the Royal Family at Trooping the Colour.

It comes after Virginia Giuffre, who alleged she was trafficked to the United Kingdom aged 17 to sleep with the duke, criticised the Metropolitan police for failing to subject her complaint to a full inquiry in 2015.

A general view of the Pizza Express restaurant in Woking, Surrey, following Prince Andrew's Saturday night interview with the BBC's Newsnight.

"In July 2015 the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) confirmed it had received an allegation of non-recent trafficking for sexual exploitation".


In a statement, the duke said he was "willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required".

"It related to events outside of the United Kingdom and an allegation of trafficking to central London in March 2001".

Epstein was found hanging in his cell from an apparent suicide while awaiting sex trafficking charges in NY in August.

Commander Alex Murray said that after taking legal advice, "it was clear that any investigation into human trafficking would be largely focused on activities and relationships outside the UK".

"The Duke of York suggested he will take a step back from public life for the foreseeable future but the reality is he has been told it could be for a very, very long time, potentially forever".


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER