"Fortnite" Season 7 Release Date Confirmed With New Teaser

Yolanda Curtis
December 5, 2018

Developers will get to keep 88 percent of the revenue for a game sold at the store, with Epic taking the other 12 percent.

Back in September, Epic reported that Fortnite has around 78.3 million active users, with a peak concurrent player count of 8.3 million.

Last week, Valve announced changes to the revenue split within the Steam Store, cutting its take as a game's profit steadily increases.


Speaking to MCV, Sweeney said, "We believe that creators, both games developers and content creators, are responsible for the game industry's enormous growth and vibrance, and should earn the lion's share of industry revenue".

"In our analysis, stores are marking up their costs 300 percent to 400 percent".

"Unreal Tournament" is the ninth installment in a first-person shooter franchise created by Epic Games and Digital Extremes in 1999. Because of the high volume of Fortnite transactions, we can process store payments, serve bandwidth, and support customers very efficiently. Apart from that, certain publishers like Activision, EA, and Ubisoft prefer to release their games on their own platforms like Uplay. Naturally, the response from smaller developers was less than enthusiastic.


Expect more details on Epic's store at The Game Awards 2018 on Thursday. The latter is still nearly twice as large as Epic Games' commission. In that discussion, they aren't ready to discuss how developers get on the store and still working on setting that up for the future, but they did share a bit more on releasing a title. In a particularly nice sentiment, Sweeney hopes that the competition between storefronts will benefit and bring better deals to developers.

As for what the Epic Games Store will do to lure over consumers, the Fortnite-creator says it will offer a free game every two weeks throughout the entirety of 2019, and that Epic itself will be funding these fortnight-long free periods. A cut of revenue and the UE 4 licensing fees being waived are sure to be good incentives and for players, you have things like a 14-day no-questions-asked refund policy being enacted.

Now you: do you use online game stores? Let us know in the comments! The first is that whatever the premiere concerns, you may be able to check it out right away after the reveal in-game.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER