West Hollywood passes resolution to remove Trump’s star from Walk of Fame

Carla Harmon
August 7, 2018

Duran said the council had never previously asked for a star to be removed: "Never have we intruded into our neighboring city's business like this".

President Trump's star was recently annihilated by a man with a pickax.

At the time of her death, fans flocked to a makeshift star on the Walk of Fame where someone wrote Fisher's name on a blank star along with the words "May the Force be with you always".

"How about replacing it with someone who really earned it?"


Two West Hollywood City Council members are trying to get rid of Donald Trump's star from the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The city of West Hollywood has voted unanimously in favor of removing President Donald Trump's star at the Walk of Fame, citing Russiagate allegations as well as his take on women, immigration and transgender soldiers.

The council now plans to send a formal letter to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, the Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for consideration, ABC News reported Tuesday morning. It now has more than 47,000 signatures.

The star, which was unveiled in 2007, is the property of Los Angeles city and any decision over its removal belongs to Los Angeles City Council and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.


The zero-detention policy which led to the separation of children from their parents at the United States border and Trump's denial of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election during his meet with Vladimir Putin also finds a mention in the resolution.

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has refused past efforts to remove the stars of disgraced actors including Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey so it looks likely that this latest attempt will end in failure.

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, which does have jurisdiction over the iconic tourist attraction, said President Trump's star was safe for the time being.

The suspect, Austin Clay, later turned himself over to police and has since been charged with one count of felony vandalism. The star recognised Trump for his work on the TV reality show 'The Apprentice.' It has been repaired. It's unclear whether he has a lawyer.


He could face up to three years in prison for the rampage of which video footage was posted by TMZ.

Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER