North Korea Might Be Working On New ICBMs

Cheryl Sanders
August 1, 2018

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un also vowed during the June 12 summit with US President Donald Trump in Singapore to work toward denuclearization, but there has not been a concrete agreement to accomplish that goal.

Satellite photographs taken in the last month indicate that the regime may be working on one or two liquid fuel intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), officials told The Washington Post. The Post says "the new intelligence does not suggest an expansion of North Korea's capabilities but shows that work on advanced weapons is continuing". However, he has given few details of how he plans on doing that.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that U.S. intelligence agencies are seeing signs that work is under way on one or two liquid-fueled ICMBs at the Sanumdong research facility, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

A new report suggests that North Korea has continued to build new missiles, despite ongoing talks with the Trump administration.

"The remains are consistent with remains we have recovered in North Korea.in the past", Byrd told reporters at the Osan US Air Base in South Korea.


"UNC never leaves troops behind, living or deceased, and will continue the mission of repatriation until every service member returns home", it added.

North Korea provided only a single dog tag to help identify the 55 cases of remains that were given to United States officials on Friday, a USA defense official told CNN.

Vice President Mike Pence will greet the remains of United States service members returning to the USA on Wednesday during a ceremony in Hawaii. "But even if they are, you still have a nuclear deterrent, so it would still be a huge risk for the U.S.to try to attack".

In his response, Kim Yong-nam reportedly conveyed his government's appreciation to President Jokowi on the invitation and said he would soon present it to leader Kim Jong-un.

Efforts to recover remains in North Korea have been fraught with political and other obstacles since the war ended on July 27, 1953.


More than 50 boxes handed over by North Korea to the United States last week appear to hold human remains from the 1950-1953 Korean War and are likely American, according to an initial forensic analysis, a USA official said on Wednesday.

The meeting, the first one since June 14, took place at the Peace House, a South Korea-controlled building at the village inside the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) separating the two Koreas. Indeed, North Korea just dismantled a test launching site for liquid-fueled ICBMs days ago.

Space launch vehicles were assembled at the shelter - which hadn't been moved since December 2017 - before they are moved to the launchpad, according to 38North analyst Joseph Bermudez Jr.

The United States and North Korea conducted joint searches from 1996 until 2005, when Washington halted the operations, citing concerns about the safety of its personnel as Pyongyang stepped up its nuclear program.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER