With Thai soccer team freed, Hollywood gears up for the movie

Carla Harmon
July 12, 2018

A screen grab shows boys rescued from the Thai cave wearing mask and resting in a hospital in Chiang Rai, Thailand from a July 11, 2018 handout video. All 12 boys are being kept away from family members to prevent them from catching infections.

In a video that emerged hours after the group were discovered, he said: "I'm Adul, I'm in good health", and offered a traditional Thai "wai" greeting, a trademark of his manners, his teachers say.

With the boys still recuperating in hospital, US-based production companies have already taken an interest in turning their story into a motion picture.

They waved to the camera as they recovered from their ordeal. A health department inspector previously told journalists that one of the boys had a lung infection and that all children were vaccinated for rabies and tetanus, according to the London Evening Standard. "The children were well taken care of in the cave".

Their parents have seen them through windows but have not yet been allowed to hug them.

The extraordinary operation to save the boys came to an end on Tuesday, when the Thai Navy SEAL rescuers and a doctor followed the last four boys and their coach out of the cave complex.

"Our thanks and greatest admiration go the British lead divers, and support divers along the route in and out of the cave system from the EU, US, China and Australia, as well as the vast number of participants from military and civilian organisations in various support roles", the statement continued. "We just did what we could", he said yesterday.

"This is clearly a time of grief for the Harris family, magnified by the physical and emotional demands of being part of this week's highly complex and ultimately successful rescue mission".

At a school opposite the hospital in Chiang Rai where the boys are recovering, schoolchildren were in an excited, celebratory mood. "Without him, in this operation, I don't think we could have succeeded".

A Belgian rescue diver involved in the operation told Dutch broadcaster NOS that ultimately not much diving was required on the way out, because a lot of water had been pumped out of the cave.

Rescue divers told BBC News the boys were heavily sedated during the rescue to prevent them from panicking in the water-filled passageways, which were barely large enough to fit through. As the cave begins to open up toward the entrance, dozens are seen crouching down and wading through gushing water to help carry the stretcher.

Thais reacted with relief and exhilaration after the last of the young football team were rescued from the cave on Tuesday night, bringing to an end the drama that gripped Thailand and the world.

Other reports by iNewsToday