Nerve agent victim released from UK hospital after poisoning

Cheryl Sanders
July 22, 2018

Charlie Rowley, who was poisoned by what the British authorities claim to be the Novichok nerve agent, was discharged from hospital on Friday and poses no risk to the public, the medics said.

They both then fell ill on Saturday 30 June, and Ms Sturgess died eight days later.

Britain has blamed Russian Federation for poisoning the spy and his daughter, who both recovered after lengthy hospitalisations, as well as accidentally poisoning Mr Rowley, Ms Sturgess and a police officer who aided the Skripals.

The 45-year-old was discharged from Salisbury District Hospital yesterday after being admitted on June 30.

Specialists in hazmat suits looking for in public toilets Salisbury, traces of nerve agents are a novice.

March 7 - Police announce that the Skripals were likely poisoned with a nerve agent in a targeted murder attempt.

"They (investigators) are sure they (suspects) are Russian", the source added.

They collapsed on a park bench and spent weeks in intensive care before being released from hospital. He was freed in a spy swap in 2010 and settled in the UK.

Matthew, from Warminster, Wilts, said his brother recalled that Dawn had sprayed the perfume on both of her wrists.

Mr Rowley said: "He's obviously improved in his condition".

July 8 - Mother-of-three Dawn Sturgess, 44, dies in hospital due to coming into contact with Novichok.

April 5, afternoon - A statement on behalf of Yulia is released by Metropolitan Police, in which she says her strength is "growing daily" and that "daddy is fine". The father and daughter have since been moved to a safe location for their protection.

Sturgess passed away at Salisbury District Hospital on earlier this month.

July 5 - Sajid Javid demands an explanation over the two poisonings as he accuses the Russian state of using Britain as a "dumping ground for poison".

They suspect the couple came into contact with the Novichok nerve agent via a contaminated item, which was likely stored in a small bottle found at Rowley's home in Amesbury.

"Wiltshire Police will continue to co-ordinate activity with partner agencies at a local level to ensure that Mr Rowley continues to receive the support he needs in his ongoing recovery".

British officials are "closing in on identifying the individuals they believe carried out the operation", according to the New York Times.

Other reports by iNewsToday