La Liga president backs Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann to stay put


La Liga president backs Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann to stay put

Ross Houston
June 13, 2018

L'Equipe reported that both clubs have been in negotiations over the winger and have hammered out a deal in principle for the France worldwide to move to the Metropolitano after the World Cup, pending the approval of the 22-year-old, with Atlético later confirming the move on social media.

Griezmann is expected to announce his future before his nation's World Cup campaign begins against Australia on Saturday.

La Liga president Javier Tebas believes Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann will stay at Real Madrid and Atletico, respectively.


Barcelona are reportedly ready to trigger Griezmann's €100m (£88m) release clause.

But he told a news conference: "I apologise - I am really very sorry". "Yes I have already made a decision about my future".

France coach Didier Deschamps prohibits players from undergoing negotiations during tournaments, pushing Griezmann towards making a decision.


"However, today is not the time, nor the place, to say what it is".

The winger will hope to feature for France at this summer's World Cup and build on his 12 caps and three goals for Les Bleus.

But last week Lionel Messi said he was sure he would link up well with Griezmann were he to move to the Camp Nou.


"Atletico de Madrid and AS Monaco have achieved a preliminary agreement over the transfer of Thomas Lemar to our club", for the definitive transfer", the Spanish club said of the 22-year old.

Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER