Paramount chair says "A Quiet Place" sequel in the works

Carla Harmon
April 26, 2018

Gianopulos said he would never have guessed that "Jim" from The Office would make a silent horror film.

Sequel to the hit horror film "A Quiet Place" is in the works.

Made on a budget of just $17 million (£12.2 million) the film has so far raked in an epic $213 million (£153 million) worldwide since its release at the start of the month.


Speaking with Fandango, Woods said that the environment of the movie is "such a fun world", adding, "There are so many things you could do".

We'll say this loud and clear, it was pretty obvious that the ending of A Quiet Place perfectly set up the possibility of a sequel.

"There are so many discarded set pieces, too, just hiding out in Word documents on our computers", co-screenwriters Bryan Woods and Scott Beck said in an April interview with IndieWire.


"If you told me five years ago that an nearly silent film starring the very amusing guy Jim from The Office would have been a hit at Paramount, I would have said, 'Well, I should go work at Paramount, '" Gianopulos told the crowd. I think it kind of went away when the Cloverfield movie, you know the Paradox, came out.

A Quiet Place follows a family who live on a haunted farm where the paranormal creatures are attracted by noise.

'But when I read the script, I really wanted to do it. John had already approached another actress - a good friend of mine - so I told him he had to ring her and sack her!


The film was directed by John Krasinski, who starred opposite his real-life wife Emily Blunt. He provided no new details, though Quentin Tarantino is known to be developing a Trek film with J.J. Abrams.

Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER