Terry Crews Officially Sues Alleged Sexual Assaulter Adam Venit

Carla Harmon
December 6, 2017

The former National Football League player-turned-actor filed a lawsuit against Adam Venit, a prominent agent who Crews claims grabbed his genitals during a party in February 2016, TMZ reported.

Actor Terry Crews is suing the Hollywood agent he says groped him - claiming he was psychologically harmed from the experience, according to a report.

Crews also filed a report with the LAPD alleging that Venit sexually assaulted him, and has dropped WME as his agency. "I was horrified", Crews said on GMA.


The lawsuit goes on to mention that on his way home from the event, Sandler called to ask if he was OK, to which Crews responded that he was surprised he got molested at age 48. Crews parted ways with the agency last month after making his allegations against Venit public.

Mr. Venit acted "like a rabid dog, sticking his tongue in and out of his mouth provocatively", Mr. Crews says in the sexual assault lawsuit, TMZ reported Tuesday.

Terry Crews has filed suit against Adam Venit. "Crews kept Venit at arm's length and turned to Sandler to get his attention, yelling 'Adam, come get your boy!"


The actor believes WME has ignored Venit's "long history of freaky behavior" and predatory acts because of the agent's success in representing A-list clients like Adam Sandler, Casey Affleck and Dustin Hoffman. "He's grabbing my nuts!"

Crews says he met with WME's chairman Ari Emanuel, who apologized for Venit's behavior. The actor says he was assured by his agent that WME would address the issue, but never received word of any punishment.

Crews is now seeking monetary and punitive damages for assault, battery, sexual battery, sexual harassment, gender violence and intention infliction of emotional distress.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER