Jay-Z Receives Death Threat From George Zimmerman Over Trayvon Martin Documentary

Carla Harmon
December 18, 2017

Snoop Dogg took to social media to express his support to Jay-Z after George Zimmerman made threats of violence against Beyoncé's husband during a recent interview.

The series will centre around Trayvon's life, his killing, and the nationwide uproar at Zimmerman's acquittal.

George Zimmerman, the man who killed unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin in 2012, has threatened Jay-Z over a documentary the rapper is producing on Martin. He claimed the film crew made unannounced visits to the homes of his parents and an uncle in Florida, noting Jay-Z and EP Michael Gasparro indirectly "harassed" his family. Zimmerman says they tried to get his family in front of the camera for the series, though he doesn't specify whether or not his parents were interested in doing so.


There's no word if the Trayvon Martin documentary will ever air considering the scandal with Harvey Weinstein has damaged the company's reputation.

Earlier this year, it was announced Jay-Z and The Weinstein Company would be making a 6-part docuseries titled "Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story", based off the book "Suspicion Nation" by attorney Lisa Bloom.

Jay-Z announced his two projects about Martin in March this year in conjunction with the Weinstein Company and disgraced movie producer Harvey Weinstein, who was sacked from his eponymous firm in October following numerous allegations of sexual misconduct against him.


Zimmerman reportedly also complained over money he claimed had been paid to his ex-wife for her participation in the documentary.

Zimmerman's threat could be considered a felony in Florida. "I know how to handle people who f**k with me", Zimmerman said on Saturday, December 16, adding, "I have since February 2012".

He said that if "one hair on jays hair is touched that's when the revolution will b televised".


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER