ABC Severs Ties With "Great American Baking Show" Judge Johnny Iuzzini

Carla Harmon
December 16, 2017

Celebrity pastry chef Johnny Iuzzini is reportedly facing allegations from multiple women who accused him of harassment and abuse.

"While I understand ABC felt pressured to make this hard decision, I am extremely disappointed and saddened that the show will not continue to air as scheduled", Johnny said in a statement to CNN on December 14. Iuzzini has been with the American series since it debuted in 2015.

The baking competition series, formerly known as "The Great Holiday Baking Show", aired its first episode of season three last week. The show was a spinoff of "The Great British Bake Off".

Claims against Iuzzini first surfaced days after Thanksgiving when Mic posted a story in which four former employees described allegations of sexual harassment and abuse while working under Iuzzini at a NY restaurant between 2009 and 2011. The only silver lining is that ABC has confirmed that the identity of the Season 3 victor will be announced at a later date.


After failing to impress the judges in the second hour, Iuzzini said she was "close to the bottom" of the contestants. Two more episodes were scheduled to air Thursday, but have been replaced by The Great Christmas Light Fight and CMA Country Christmas.

ABC issued a statement in light of the allegations.

Iuzzini denied the charges in a statement to Mic, saying they were "simply untrue".

He also is accused of asking female staffers for massages and using kitchen tools to suggestively touch them. They also say that he would routinely "stand behind you really closely and breathe on your neck".


All of the accusations stemmed form Iuzzini's time as executive pastry chef at Jean Georges, widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in New York City and located in the Trump International Hotel and Tower.

"I am shattered and heartbroken at the thought that any of my actions left members of my team feeling hurt or degraded", he said.

In response, Iuzzini claimed the accusations as "inaccurate" and expressed regrets that the women "did not feel comfortable coming to me as their superior and letting me know how they felt".

Iuzzini is just the latest chef to fall in the sexual harassment scandals that have been sweeping every industry.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER