Everton told to forget about Watford boss Marco Silva

Ross Houston
November 15, 2017

The Daily Mail claims that Silva, 40, does want talks with the Toffees after officials of the Merseyside club made contact with the Hornets on Monday morning.

It is also claimed that Silva is happy at Vicarage Road and is not interested in heading to Everton where the pressure will be on nearly immediately.

"We will not countenance an approach for our manager, either from Everton or indeed any other club, be it in the Premier League or overseas", said a club spokesman.


According to Sky Sports, Sam Allardyce is no longer being considered for the role and efforts to bring Marco Silva to Goodison Park from Watford have ended after being knocked back a second time.

The Portuguese nearly pulled off a miracle by keeping Hull in the Premier League last season before switching to Watford, where he has also started well.

Everton are now assessing their options and considering whether it is worth stepping up their pursuit of Silva.


Watford are determined to keep hold of Silva as they look to build on his promising start to life at Vicarage Road this season and have informed Everton that any approach will not be welcome.

However, former Crystal Palace chairman, Jordan does not think it will be a good move for Silva by saying: "I think he's gone into Watford and he is doing a decent job there".

Unsworth took charge of four games before the global break, winning just one of them, ironically against Watford when Everton fought back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 earlier this month.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER