Channing Tatum steps up effort to end sexual abuse in Hollywood

Carla Harmon
October 20, 2017

Weinstein has "unequivocally denied" allegations of non-consensual sex and on the latest allegation, his representative, Sallie Hofmeister said: "I can't respond to some anonymous complaint". The project would have marked his directorial debut.

More than 40 women have come forward with accusations of sexual harassment or assault since the New York Times published an article exposing decades of Weinstein's alleged misdeeds. The board of directors, including Harvey Weinstein's brother, Bob, have faced questions about how much they knew and whether they did enough to protect people who came into Harvey Weinstein's orbit.

Another law enforcement agency is looking into disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.


Weinstein was sacked from the company in the wake of the allegations and has no connection to it now, but that hasn't stopped Tatum and others from pulling some planned projects and dropping out of others. So they want the company to lift the non-disclosure agreements, or NDAs, and allow them to speak openly. The New York Times and New Yorker investigations described how some staffers at the studio had knowledge of wrongdoing.

Weinstein was sacked from the studio days after the New York Times story was published.

One of the accusers, actress Asia Argento, has previously confirmed her account to CNN. Now, the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating. Nickelodeon has suspended Chris Savino, creator of the animated show "Loud House." following sexual harassment allegations against him.


Trevor Noah on Wednesday said the only place the country needs to put up a wall is around Harvey Weinstein. "Employees who work under our industry's most notorious bosses are regularly asked to surrender their dignity in exchange for professional success".

The company representing Weinstein has declined to comment.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER