London attack: Death toll rises to 8 after police recover body

Cheryl Sanders
June 12, 2017

British police searching for a French man missing since the London Bridge attack say they have recovered a body from the River Thames.

The Metropolitan Police force appealed on Tuesday for information about 45-year- old Xavier Thomas, who was walking with his girlfriend over the bridge when the attack began on Saturday night.

Two men were arrested on a street in Ilford and the third was apprehended at an Ilford residence when police searched the home, authorities said.

Eight people were killed and dozens injured when three men launched a van and knife rampage on Saturday night.


The families of the London attackers have condemned their actions on Wednesday, with relatives of Khuram Butt, Youssef Zaghba and the ex-partner of Rachid Redouane saying they were shocked at what had happened.

Mr Thomas had been missing since he was caught up in the attack with Ms Delcros.

Zaghba's name was put on the The Schengen Information System - a red flag warning system informing European nations if criminals are trying to enter their country - based on intelligence provided by Italian authorities in March a year ago.

"They have been taken into custody at a south London police station and are detained under the Terrorism Act".


"The only English, white person, who's a non-Muslim, who was part of our group, but because he's white and he's English he can go", he says, presumably referring to cameraman Jamie Roberts who spent two years documenting radicalised preachers.

Police investigating the terror attack at London Bridge, in which eight people died, have made another arrest.

All three were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism offences.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER