British police identify third London Bridge attacker

Andrew Cummings
June 7, 2017

"Our family is hurt by what he did", Dar said. He's the president of the United States.

Khan in turn has asked the government to reconsider its decision to invite Trump for a state visit, a move the mayor described as "inappropriate". He was allegedly on his way to Syria and was carrying only a backpack.

However, Italy put him on a list of people considered "at risk", and informed both British and Moroccan authorities of his movements.

Zaghba, a 22-year-old Moroccan-Italian man, was born in the city of Fez.

The Metropolitan Police says the body was found Tuesday downstream from the bridge. "We're calling for a restoration of police numbers, and there's a call being made for her to go, because of what she's done on the police numbers".

Her aunt, Tara, says Zelenak's mother Julie Wallace broke down when she learned of her daughter's death while traveling to Britain. The U.S. Embassy in London said it was aware of reports that U.S. citizens were injured, and was not aware that any had been killed.

Boden was among seven people killed in the Saturday night attacks. Another Australian woman, Sara Zelenak, has been reported missing since the attack.


British police have named the third London Bridge attacker as 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba and said he is believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan descent. In 2015, the police and MI5 opened an investigation into his activities as a supporter of the banned extremist group al-Muhajiroun and its leader Anjem Choudary.

Rachid Redouane (center) and Youssef Zaghba have been named as the suspects in Saturday's attack at London Bridge.

Counter-terrorism special forces assemble near the scene of a terrorist attack, by London Bridge, on June 4, 2017.

Commuters paused in train stations, hospital staff gathered in hospital foyers and workers stopped work in government offices at 11 a.m. (1000GMT).

Speaking to those gathered, Mayor Sadiq Khan decried the attackers, saying: "You will not win". Eighteen people remain in critical condition. The attackers first drove a rented van into a crowd and then jumped out and randomly stabbed people they encountered. The three attackers had been shot dead.

In particular, the revelation that at least one of the attackers, Khuram Butt, was well known to security services has raised concerns that they lack the resources to prevent attacks.

Three men in a white van plowed into pedestrians on London Bridge, then exited their vehicle and began stabbing people in nearby Borough Market.


In March, a similar attack in Westminster saw five people died. He was a trainee customer services assistant with London Underground for less than six months, before leaving in October, according to a Transport for London spokesperson. During the attack, seven people were killed and dozens more were wounded. Echeverria was last seen lying on the ground near London Bridge after he confronted the assailants with a skateboard.

Ignacio's father, Joaquin Echeverria, told The Associated Press that the family was flying to London on Tuesday to join other relatives.

The son's employer, HSBC, has provided the services of a private detective to aide in the hunt for information.

The investigation into Saturday's attack continued, with police searching an address in Ilford, east London, in the early hours today.

The area around Borough Market is not expected to reopen Tuesday.

Much of the area around London Bridge remained cordoned off as commuters struggled to work in the driving rain.

- Butt appeared in a 2016 documentary called "The Jihadis Next Door", which told the story of Abu Rumaysah, the Londoner who has appeared in recent ISIS propaganda.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER