17Th arrest made in Manchester terror attack probe

Cheryl Sanders
June 8, 2017

"There remain a number of things that concern us about his behavior prior to the attack and those of his associates which we need to get to the bottom of", Greater Manchester Police spokesman Russ Jackson said in a statement.

British police said on Saturday that they had made a further arrest in connection with last month's suicide bombing on a concert in Manchester which killed 22 people.

Images and video posted to social media showed officers making the arrest, and cars being towed from the forecourt.

Earlier on Friday, police evacuated a part of Rusholme after discovering a vehicle that "may be significant to the investigation".


The 24-year-old was arrested after the Royal Logistics Corp bomb disposal team were scrambled to a white Nissan Micra parked close to Devell House.

A new report has revealed that Manchester suicide bomber Salman Abedi went to Libya to meet with Islamic State group extremists linked to the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris.

Grande is scheduled to perform a benefit concert in Manchester on Sunday night.

"This means more to us than all the wonderful things people have done", Peter Mann, whose daughter Jaden was injured in the attack, told the BBC after Grande's visit.


A group of concert-goers sit down near a metal barrier.

Performances at the 50,000 capacity stadium will kick off at 7.15pm (1815 GMT) and will be streamed online and broadcast by the BBC.

Do you something awesome to share with the world?

Download the Nigeria Today app from Play store.


Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER