Judge orders State to begin releasing Clinton emails next month

Cheryl Sanders
August 31, 2016

A judge on Thursday ordered the U.S. State Department to determine whether it has found any new emails between Hillary Clinton and the White House from the week after the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya, and to release any such documents by September 13.

The order effectively pushes up the release of some of the 14,900 new documents that the Federal Bureau of Investigation turned over to the State Department.

Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, has been criticized for using a private email address and server while she was U.S. Secretary of State from 2009-2013.


The issue has hung over her campaign for the White House and raised questions among voters about her trustworthiness. But the decision from U.S. District Court Judge William P. Dimitriouleas' hands a victory to conservative legal watchdog group Judicial Watch, which is pushing for the expedited release of the emails with the clock ticking down to Election Day.

Spokesmen for Clinton did not respond to requests for comment.

The FBI took her server in 2015 after it was discovered she had sent and received classified government secrets through the system, which the government bans.


Chelsea Clinton would remain on the board of her family's foundation even if her mother is elected president, a spokeswoman said Thursday.

But FBI Director James Comey said in a press conference last month that Clinton had deleted "several thousand" work-related emails, which the agency was able to recover.

Republican nominee Donald Trump has made it a central point in his campaign to prevent foreign workers from being employed illegally in the US, and said he would end the H-1B visa program - a program, it just so happens, that Trump Model Management apparently used frequently. According to one report, Clinton Foundation employees also contacted the State Department in an effort to find jobs for Clinton Foundation donors. We also learned long time Clinton aide Huma Abedin regularly denied requested meetings with Secretary Clinton, rerouted individuals through the Clinton Foundation, donations would be made and then meetings would be granted.


The order is limited to documents related to the Benghazi attacks.

Other reports by iNewsToday

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER